TITLE: Business Development Manager - Northeastern U.S.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Sr. Director East Coast RF Sales
VP Racing Fuels, the World Leader in Performance Fuel Technology is looking for a Business Development Manager to act as the liaison between new/existing customers, prospects and VP’s corporate teams (Delaware regional staff, accounting, marketing, and sales.) Your role will be to seek racing fuel sales opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with current and potential customers. Potential customers include distributors, performance shops, racetracks, racetrack promoters etc. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads, making sales calls including cold calls and servicing an existing customer base. Experience in and a love of racing is a must. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you close the deal. You will also ensure proper after-sales service. This job will require overnight travel and working at weekend events. A company vehicle will be included and the company will pay travel expenses. This is a salaried position with a year-end bonus available based on qualifying performance. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Develops and executes a strategy for discovering and securing new business opportunities in the northeast.
- Develop relationships with existing distributors, dealers, race tracks and race series
- Attend and work race events (many are held on weekends).
- Travel to cold call potential new customers and visit existing customers.
- Develops negotiation strategies by evaluating risks and potentials. Work directly with director to negotiate new distributor agreements, dealer agreements, and racetrack and series sponsorships.
- Represents the company at trade organizations, tradeshows, motorsports events, and customer events.
- Work with existing CRM system (Sales force CRM) in order to evaluate performance and organize client and prospective client information.
- Fosters beneficial relationships with business partners, potential clients, and business contacts in order to attract new business and enhancing organization reputation.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Is able to close deals and achieve goals.
- Exhibits strong motivation to make sales.
- Is detail-oriented and able to multitask.
- Open to and enjoys business travel. 90% driven and local to northeast U.S. & Canada
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, the ability to meet deadlines, and the ability to solve problems.
- Exhibits excellent communication skills.
- Is an extremely flexible and adaptable self-starter.
- CRM experience is a plus. Salesforce training will be supplied.
- Experienced in using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, CRM, Outlook, and the Internet
- Race Experience Required
Education And Experience
- Has Bachelor's Degree from a four (4) year accredited College or University and/or a minimum of five years prior sales experience.
- Must live within the northeast region.
- History of developing B2B & B2C relationships
- Experienced in working trade-shows & industry events
- Willing to travel up to 80%.
- Clean driving record is required.
- Valid and update passport required
- Background checks and drug tests required.
- Required to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the office/facility.
- Home office environment. Will be required to travel to regional office in Delaware when necessary.
- Exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes, oils.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment; however, travel may occur.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed and are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities and duties.
People also viewed:
People also viewed: