Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /var/www/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/autoload/vc-shortcode-autoloader.php on line 64
Join the UK’s 12th highest ranked Great Place to Work® for 2020 and lead operations at our Mercedes-Benz dealership in Portsmouth
We are seeking an experienced Head of Business/Dealer Principal/General Manager to join Marshall Motor Group’s Mercedes-Benz division and manage our Portsmouth dealership. This role will see you lead day to day operations across this site including full accountability for dealership financial performance and line management of the dealership leadership teams. Reporting to the Franchise Director, this role is offered on a full-time, permanent basis, and offers the right candidate an excellent career development opportunity.
What are the key accountabilities?
With Support From Your Franchise Director And Corporate Support Functions, You Will
As a General Manager, you will have overall accountability for people and financial performance for our Mercedes-Benz Portsmouth dealership.
- Lead, manage and motivate a team of automotive professionals, ensuring the dealership is adequately resourced
- Drive a high performance culture, ensuring performance is rewarded and underperformance is managed
- Oversee the sales and aftersales divisions, ensuring performance meets or exceeds budget
- Set financial and growth objectives for each department, and plan accordingly to ensure profit and product targets are met
- Accurately finalise dealership reporting, in line with group reporting frameworks
- Develop and roll out dealership marketing and publicity strategies to support objectives
- Support the dealerships to consistently achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
- Ensure dealership activities are conducted in line with Marshall Motor Group, manufacturer and regulatory requirements
What experience do I need?
In Addition To Your Previous Experience, We Are Seeking Individual Who Display The Following Attributes
Given the nature of this role, it is essential that you have previous experience at a Head of Business/Dealer Principal/General Manager level. Manufacturer experience with Mercedes-Benz would be beneficial, but isn’t essential to the success of this role.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and motivate a large and diverse team
- A professional and calm approach with strong stakeholder management skills to manage internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to foresee potential barriers
- A commitment to the Marshall Values of People, Customers, Integrity and Innovation
Benefits available to our colleagues in addition to generous salary packages include
Marshall Motor Group is a multi-award winning company with strong values that put our people and customers at the heart of everything we do. Recently being recognised by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of the UK’s Best Large Workplaces , we have approximately 4,000 colleagues and a turnover of over £2billion; we are still growing.
- Company vehicle provided
- Colleague discounts on new and used vehicle purchases, parts and servicing
- MAVTA reward and recognition awards
- Marshall Rewards discount shopping portal
- Life assurance at no cost to you
Marshall Motor Group
Established for over 100 years, the Marshall Motor Group helps customers across Great Britain to find their next new or used car, van, bike or even a truck!
With locations spanning from Plymouth in the south to Ulverston (in the Lake District) and Scarborough in the north, the chances are that you’re within a short drive of your nearest dealership. Every single location of our 117 dealerships is committed to upholding our Six Pillars of customer service, ensuring every Marshall Motor Group customer experiences the same high quality of care at every point.
We’re proud to be one of the UK’s largest dealer networks, working with many of the most popular car brands. Whether you’re looking for an elegant executive vehicle, luxurious sports car or compact urban runaround, we’ll offer a car that more than meets your needs. As well as brand new cars, motorcycles and vans, we have a comprehensive selection of used cars and commercial vehicles available at locations across the country. Our current inventory of used models is available to browse online today. You can search for used cars in your area or by the brand of your choice.
We can also help you ensure your car or van leads a long and reliable life, thanks to manufacturer-backed servicing and maintenance at competitive prices. We can also help you get your vehicle prepared for its MOT or repaired following an accident.
Flexible finance is offered on every vehicle we sell, and we have experts at every dealership who can talk you through the relative merits of the different agreement types. Our fleet specialists can also help if you’re looking for an affordable bank of vehicles for your employees to use.
We’re delighted to be able to help customers access the Motability Scheme with many of the brands we represent. We can help you check if you’re eligible and then guide you through the ordering process, from identifying the right model to getting adaptations fitted.
People also viewed:
Audi VP Strategy
Bus Dev Manager – VP Racing Fuels
Composites Laminator – McLaren
Automotive Parts Manager – Courtesy Nissan
Automotive Finance Manager
People also viewed: